Application Fine Print *
Application Fine Print *
Check the box below to accept the following terms and conditions: Acceptance as a Vendor is at the sole discretion of QuiltCon. You will be contacted with decision by September 30, 2018. Due to limited booth space, not all applicants will be accepted. We do maintain a wait list.
You will have 7 days after acceptance to purchase your booth with a required 50% deposit. Booths will not be held without a deposit. Deposits are non-refundable. Pricing for electricity, internet and decorating services will be provided upon acceptance in the exhibitor portal.
Booth location and assignment is determined by show management, and can be changed at any time and sponsors may be given priority on prime booth locations. Upon acceptance of your application we will provide you with key information for vendors and be asked to accept the terms and conditions listed below. Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
QuiltCon Sponsor, Vendor and/or Exhibitor Terms & Conditions
The following shall constitute the terms and conditions of the agreement between the Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor and QuiltCon (“Agreement”) for participation in QuiltCon 2018, to be held in Pasadena, California on February 21-24, 2019.
1. Participation. Acceptance as a Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor is at the sole discretion of QuiltCon.
a. A “Sponsor” is a company or individual that has made a Sponsorship Commitment for a “Tiered Sponsor Package,” “Quilt Category Sponsorship,” “Promotional Sponsorship,” “Workshop Sponsorship,” or “Experiential Sponsorship” as described on pages 5-9 of the 2018 QuiltCon Sponsorship Guide (“Sponsorship Guide”).
i. Sponsors seeking a Challenge Category Sponsorship should match the voice and aesthetic of the modern quilter and must be approved by The Modern Quilt Guild and QuiltCon before being announced publicly by the Sponsor.
b. A “Vendor” is a company or individual has reserved booth space as described on page 10 of the Sponsorship Guide; intends to sell merchandise to retail customers, and will be located in the retail sales section of the show floor.
i. Vendors include companies that primarily engage in retail sales, including, but not limited to, fabric shops.
c. An “Exhibitor” is a company or individual that has reserved booth space as described on page 10 of the Sponsorship Guide; does not intend to sell merchandise to retail customers; and will be located in the non-retail sales section of the show floor. Upon request and written grant of permission from QuiltCon, an Exhibitor may be permitted to engage in limited retail sales for a small selection of items; e.g., color cards, samples.
i. Exhibitors will include companies that primarily engage in business-to-business transactions and that do not primarily sell directly to the consumer, including, but not limited to, fabric manufacturers.
d. A company or individual may be both a Sponsor and a Vendor or a Sponsor and a Exhibitor.
i. Sponsor agrees to pay 50% of the price of the total Sponsorship Commitment by the date of purchase of the sponsorship or March 30, 2018, whichever is earlier. Payment of the balance of the price of the total Sponsorship Commitment is due on November 30, 2018.
ii. QuiltCon has no obligation to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement or the benefits outlined in the Sponsorship Guide unless and until Sponsor makes each payment to QuiltCon in a timely manner, including satisfaction of the total Sponsorship Commitment.
iii. The following schedule applies to the cancellation of Sponsorship Commitments:
1. Cancellation by November 30, 2018: A cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of the reserved Sponsorship Commitment applies. Any payments above this cancellation fee made prior to November 30, 2018, will be refunded within 30 days of the notice of cancellation.
2. After November 30, 2018: No refunds for Sponsorship Commitments.
3. Refunds for booth purchases by Sponsor are covered in section 2.b. below.
iv. If a sponsorship is cancelled, any prior booth sales will be charged at the non-discounted rate.
v. Sponsors who have purchased a Tiered Sponsorship Packages are not eligible to participate in the booth selection process unless 50% of the price of the price of the Sponsorship Package has been paid by November 30, 2018.
vi. Any Sponsor who fails to pay its Sponsorship Commitment in full by November 30, 2018, will have its sponsorship information, name, and logo pulled from all MQG publications and publicity. If the defaulting Sponsor’s information, name, or logo cannot be deleted from any MQG publication or and publicity due to the timing requirements of going to press for that publication or publicity, Sponsor will remain liable to MQG for the full amount its Sponsorship Commitment, plus any costs of collection, including attorneys’ fees.
b. Vendors and Exhibitors
i. Vendor or Exhibitor agrees to pay 50% of the cost of reserved booth space upon acceptance of its application. The remaining 50% of the cost of reserved booth space is due on November 30, 2018.
ii. QuiltCon has no obligation to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement Vendor makes each payment to QuiltCon in a timely manner, including satisfaction of the total Sponsorship Commitment. QuiltCon will not hold booth space for any Vendor or Exhibitor that has not paid in full by November 30, 2018.
iii. The following schedule applies to the cancellation by Vendor or Exhibitor:
1. Cancellation by November 30, 2018: A cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of the reserved booth space applies. Any payments above this cancellation fee made prior to November 30, 2018, will be refunded within 30 days of the notice of cancellation.
2. After November 30, 2018: No refunds.
c. Payment may be made by check, certified check, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
3. Booth Location.
a. Booth location and assignment is determined by show management, and can be changed at any time.
i. Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor preferences as to booth location will be accommodated where possible, but QuiltCon cannot guarantee that this preference will be accommodated.
ii. QuiltCon in its sole and absolute discretion reserves the right, privilege and prerogative to re-assign a Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor to other space without penalty should QuiltCon deem it in the best interest of the exhibition. If assignment is to a smaller or less expensive space, the Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor will be refunded or credited the difference in cost. If reassignment is to a larger or more expensive space, there will be no charge to the Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor provided that QuiltCon instituted the move.
b. Sponsors that have purchases a Tiered Sponsorship Package as described in the Sponsorship Guide will be provided with the option to select their booth location.
i. Sponsors who have purchased a Tiered Sponsorship Packages are not eligible to participate in the booth selection process until payment of 50% of the price of the Sponsorship Package has been made.
ii. Selection order is determined by the level of Sponsorship.
iii. MQG will make every effort to accommodate Platinum, Gold, and Silver Sponsor preferences as to booth location, but cannot guarantee that all preferences will be accommodated. MQG, in its absolute discretion, shall designate the location and size of the booth display.
4. Official Contractors: Official contractors may be designated by QuiltCon to perform services such as the furniture and fixture rental, drayage, erection of exhibits, electrical work, telephones, labor, food service and other services. Vendor or Exhibitor must contract for such services with the official contractor unless QuiltCon has given prior written approval. The purpose of this regulation is to ensure a high quality of service and efficient operation. QuiltCon assumes no responsibility or liability for any of the foregoing services performed or materials delivered.
5. Shipping Instructions: Specific shipping instructions will be provided upon acceptance as a Vendor or Exhibitor. It is very important that materials be shipped in accordance with the provided instructions.
6. Move In and Move Out: Vendor or Exhibitor may move in no sooner than 8 a.m. on February 20, 2019. All Event equipment, exhibits, fixtures, materials, displays, and other property must be brought into and out of the Convention Facilities through designated entrances only. Vendor or Exhibitor must remove from the Convention Facility all property, goods and effects belonging to the Vendor or Exhibitor or caused by the Vendor or Exhibitor to be brought upon the Premises no later than 11:00 p.m. on February 24, 2019.
a. Vendor or Exhibitor must return the Convention Facilities, premises, and equipment to the same good condition and repair as before the Vendor’s or Exhibitor’s use thereof, except for reasonable wear and tear from ordinary use. If said premises or any portion of said building, booths or equipment in booths becomes damaged during the term of the booth rental lease, by the act, default or negligence of the Vendor or Exhibitor, its agents or employees, the Vendor or Exhibitor will pay to QuiltCon, upon demand, such sum as shall be necessary to restore said premises and equipment to their present condition.
b. In the event that several portions of said premises are not vacated by Vendor or Exhibitor at the end of the term for which said portions of said premises are respectively leased to Vendor or Exhibitor, QuiltCon is hereby authorized to remove from said premises, at the expense of the Vendor or Exhibitor, all persons, goods, wares, merchandise, exhibits and property of any and all kinds and descriptions which may be then occupying the portions of said premises on which the rent has expired, and QuiltCon shall not be liable for any damages or loss to such goods, wares, merchandise, exhibits or other property which may be sustained either by reason of such removal or the place to which it may be removed and QuiltCon is hereby expressly released from any and all claims for damages of whatever kind and QuiltCon may store said property in a public warehouse at the cost of the Vendor or Exhibitor.
7. Booth and Exhibit Guidelines
a. Booths and Exhibits shall not obstruct, view or hinder the visual access of others. No neon or illuminated signs or exposed lighting will be permitted within booths unless special permission is first obtained from QuiltCon in writing. QuiltCon shall approve all signs, banners or similar advertising and QuiltCon may remove any sign, banner or advertising not expressly approved.
b. No signs or advertising are to be affixed to any of the walls, columns, doors, etc. of the Exhibit Hall. Tape or any other material used in booths or for layout purposes must be removed from the floors at the conclusion of the exhibition. Nothing shall be hung from or affixed to any sprinkler heads, piping, lighting fixtures or speakers.
c. All decoration materials must be FIREPROOF and conform to City Fire Department requirements. No fireworks, open flames, liquefied petroleum gas or flammable liquids are allowed. The use of crepe paper or similar materials is forbidden. Vendor or Exhibitor assumes full responsibility for its compliance with local city, state and federal ordinances, laws and regulations respecting fire, safety, health and regulations of the Convention Center and QuiltCon.
d. Operation of videos, movies, loudspeakers and other sound devices will be permitted if tuned to conversational levels and if not objectionable to neighboring Vendors and Exhibitors. QuiltCon reserves the right in its sole discretion and without limitation to restrict the use of light, noise, musical instruments and theatrical acts. The playing of copyrighted music is subject to the rules of ASCAP and BMI licensing authorities.
e. Vendor or Exhibitor shall be responsible for any loss or damage to its product(s) or other materials it uses at the booth display, and shall be solely responsible to provide, if needed, adequate staff to attend the booth display during the event.
f. Vendor or Exhibitor shall not serve or cause to have served foods and/or beverages in the booth areas except with prior written approval of QuiltCon.
g. Vendor or Exhibitor may not have “clearance” or “wholesale” signs in its booth. Any other sale/discount signs must be discreet and conservative. At its discretion, QuiltCon may remove any sale/discount sign, banner or advertising.
h. Unoccupied Space: QuiltCon Reserves the right, should any of Vendor’s or Exhibitor’s space remain unoccupied 60 minutes or less prior to show opening or should any space be forfeited due to breach of the terms of this contract, to rent said space to any other Vendor or Exhibitor or to use said space in any other manner. This provision shall not be construed as affecting the obligation of Vendor or Exhibitor to pay the full amount specified in this contract for space rental.
8. Suitcasing, Outboarding, and Unauthorized Activities
a. Only Sponsors, Vendors, and Exhibitors are permitted to solicit business with the exhibit area.
b. In order to protect our Sponsors, Vendors and/or Exhibitors and their investment in supporting QuiltCon, our rules strictly prohibit solicitation, “suitcasing,” “outboarding” by individuals, attendees, or companies that are not Sponsors, Vendors, or Exhibitors.
i. “Suitcasing” refers to non-participating companies or persons who go to a conference as an attendee but “work the aisles” from their suitcase and solicit business in the exhibit, aisles, or lobby area of the convention center. Examples of this include the distribution of samples, flyers, and other materials to attendees by a non-Vendor.
ii. “Outboarding” refers to non-participating companies or persons that set up meetings, parties, or demos at offsite locations and encourage show attendees to leave the conference and show in favor of these off-site activities without prior written permission from QuiltCon.
c. In addition, Sponsors, Vendors and/or Exhibitors are not permitted to organize activities or events to take place in the Convention center during QuiltCon without the express permission of QuiltCon. Examples of such activities include, but are not limited to, organizing a “shophop” among Vendor or Exhibitor booths; setting up an demo table on Convention Center property, but outside of Vendor or Exhibitor’s booth; and handing out flyers inside the Convention Center, but outside of Vendor’s or Exhibitor’s booth.
9. Unauthorized Use of the MQG & QuiltCon Trademark: Sponsors, Vendors, and/or Exhibitors are not permitted to use the Modern Quilt Guild or QuiltCon name or trademark for commercial purposes without permission. Unauthorized use of the Modern Quilt Guild and QuiltCon trademarks for commercial purposes extends to all materials, public or private, including email, flyers, handouts, signs, invitations, banners, or the unauthorized giveaways of free items.
10. Subletting of Space: Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor may not assign, grant to any other party, or sublease the right to use the booth space to be utilized by Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor or any part thereof, or to assign or grant any of the rights or privileges of Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor contained in this agreement without the prior written consent of QuiltCon.
11. Maintenance: QuiltCon will provide all necessary janitorial service for all aisles and other areas used by the public. Vendor or Exhibitor must, at his own cost and expense, keep booth space neat, clean, and properly arranged. The exhibition area will be open one hour prior to the official public opening to permit Vendors and Exhibitors to prepare their exhibit space. Entrance will be permitted only on display of special Vendor or Exhibitor badge.
12. Advertising: QuiltCon, in its absolute discretion shall determine the manner in which to advertise QuiltCon 2018, including but not limited to, the mix of advertising media, the quantity, timing, placement, size, and duration of ads.
13. Cancellation. QuiltCon shall be discharged of all its obligations under this Agreement if the fulfillment of any provisions if this Agreement are delayed or prevented by revolutions or other disorders, wars, acts of enemies, strikes, floods, fires, adverse weather, acts of God, or without limiting the foregoing, by other cause not within control of the party whose performance is interfered with, and which by the exercise of reasonable diligence, the party is unable to prevent, whether of the class of causes hereinbefore enumerated or not.
14. No Refunds. If a situation arises as described in provision 14 and QuiltCon 2018 is not held as scheduled, Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor shall not be entitled to a refund of the payment, in its entirety or any portion thereof.
15. Insurance: Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor are advised to obtain insurance to cover exhibit material against damage and loss, cancellation, and public liability insurance against injury to the person and property of others at their own cost and expense.
16. Release and Indemnification:
a. Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor represents that it has the right to the use of its logo, company name, products and services and therefore, at its sole expense, will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless QuiltCon, its employees, agents, assignees, or successors in interest, from any claim or claims made against QuiltCon that arise from QuiltCon’s advertisement or other use of the Sponsor’s, Vendor’s, and/or Exhibitor’s logo.
b. QuiltCon shall not be responsible to Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor for any damages it may incur due to any errors or omissions, or both, caused by an advertiser or QuiltCon, in the portrayal or depiction of Sponsor’s, Vendor’s, and/or Exhibitor’s logo, company name, product(s), or service(s) in any advertisement.
c. QuiltCon assumes no risk and by the acceptance of this agreement, Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless QuiltCon, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, or settlements, including reasonable attorneys' fees, costs, and other expenses, incurred in any way in connection with arise from the rental and occupation of said space by Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor or Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor’s acts, omissions, or breach of contract.
17. Subrogation: Each party hereto hereby waives any and every claim which arises in its favor and against the other party hereto during the term of this lease or any extension or renewal thereof for any loss of, or damage to, any of its property which loss or damage is covered by valid and collectible fire and extended coverage insurance policies, to the extent that such loss or damage is recovered under said insurance policies. Said waivers will be in addition to, and not in limitation or derogation of, any other waiver or release with respect to any loss or damage to property of the parties hereof in as much as the above mutual waivers will preclude the assignment of aforesaid claim by way of such subrogation (or otherwise) to an insurance company for any other person, each party hereof hereby agrees immediately to give to each insurance company which has issued its policies of fire and extended coverage insurance written notice of the terms of said mutual waivers, and to have said insurance policies properly endorsed, if necessary to prevent invalidation of said insurance coverage by reason of said waivers.
18. Attorney’s Fees: In the event that Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor does not comply with the terms and conditions of this contract including failure to timely pay booth space rental fees, QuiltCon is entitled to take legal action to enforce this agreement and recover all expenses and monies due from Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor, including costs and attorneys’ fees.
19. Entire Agreement. It is understood and agreed that the Application constitutes the entire agreement between QuiltCon and the Sponsor, Vendor, and/or Exhibitor and that this document superseded all previous written and oral agreements and negotiations relating to the event sponsorship herein detailed. Any modification of this document shall be made in writing. This agreement is to be construed under the laws of the state of California. If any provision of the Agreement is held in whole or party to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of the entire agreement will be severable and remain in effect.